Informationen zur Anzeige:
Graduate Research Assistant (m/f/d) in the Research Group CAROLL
02.10.2021, Universität Passau
The Research Group CAROLL (led by Dr Jelena Mitrovic) at the University of Passau is seeking a
Graduate Research Assistant
to start on 1 December 2021. This is a fixed-term, full-time position with a term of one year; the contract may be renewed for another two years. The position is remunerated in accordance with pay grade E13 of the German public-sector collective agreement, TV-L.
- Collaborate on the BMBF-funded research project Computational Rhetoric in Social Media and Law
- Conduct analyses of social media data, especially on hate speech and related phenomena, taking into account their rhetorical aspects
- Data integration, preparation and annotation of test data
- Develop prototypes and demonstrators
- Collaborate with internal and external project partners
- You may engage in your own doctoral study in addition to the project work
- Above-average university degree (German Diplom or master's degree) in computer science or an equivalent subject
- Knowledge of machine learning, deep learning, network analysis, semantic web, argumentation mining
- Willingness to work independently to scientific principles
- Experience in the realisation of data-analytical applications and/or systems
- Practical programming experience with Python/Java as well as an interest in realising and testing research prototypes in an industrial environment
- Very good knowledge of English; basic knowledge of German
This position may be available part-time, provided there are enough suitable candidates willing to work on a work-share basis.
The University of Passau is committed to gender equality and wishes to increase the number of female academic employees: women are therefore expressly encouraged to apply. Moreover, this position is suitable for candidates with disabilities. Persons who are registered disabled are given preference over non-disabled applicants who do not otherwise have statutory preferential status if their overall personal aptitudes, skills and qualifications are equal.
The University of Passau owes its strong visibility and good repute to excellent research, innovative teaching and its tight-knit international academic networks. Some 13,000 students from 100 countries and more than 1,300 staff study and work on our university campus, which is located a stone’s throw from the historical Old Town of Passau and combines state-of-the-art technical infrastructure with award-winning architecture. Internationally successful high-tech companies and a vibrant start-up scene, coupled with a rich culture and Lower Bavarian traditions, give Passau and the surrounding area a special appeal that makes it a great place to live and work.
So bewerben Sie sich
How to apply
Please send your full application by e-mail, including the cover letter and all supporting documents attached in a single pdf file, to firstname.lastname@example.org by 15 November 2021 (application deadline). Applications from current students are welcome; you do not have to wait until you complete your current degree programme. Please remember that applications sent by e-mail should be of the same formal standard as paper-based applications. E-mailed applications are kept on file for six months after the conclusion of the appointment procedure, whereupon they are deleted from our systems.
Please visit www.uni-passau.de/en/university/current-vacancies for our data privacy statement.
Chair’s website: www.fim.uni-passau.de/en/data-science
Support for ECRs: www.fim.uni-passau.de/en/research/support-for-young-researchers