Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. Growth mindset encourages each of us to lean in and learn what matters most to our customers, to create the foundational knowledge that enables us to make customer-first decisions in everything we do. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us achieve our mission. Nowhere is this mission more alive, and our opportunity so great, than in the education industry.
The profound workplace shift that has taken place has created a need for talent development and reskilling to meet current and future demands. We live in a global, connected, and ever-changing world where people are our most important and needed natural resource. We must prepare them to be successful today and to create future leaders. Microsoft is a learning company and education remains a core priority for Microsoft and to help us respond to market trends, education digital transformation opportunities and ready students for a changing workforce come and join a team that is empowering every student on the planet to achieve more.
Key areas of responsibility - ECM (Enterprise Channel Manager) for the vertical Education:
- Driving education product scale, deployment and adoption through building a local partner ecosystem of best of breed solutions, built on customer needs, that disrupt the mindset of customers and sales teams by bringing innovative ideas that showcase case for change and Microsoft’s unique value proposition for education.
- Articulate Microsoft’s Education Transformation Framework strategic vision, followed by the customer maturity framework/path for customers to take to enable their digital transformation based on their stage and objectives/capabilities they want to achieve through partner / Microsoft solutions.
- Present and demonstrate key end-user solutions/capabilities and technical architectures aligned to a customer maturity framework/path in Windows 10 Pro and Education, Office 365 clients and Modern Classroom deployment tools such as Identity with Azure Active Directory Premium (AAD P1), Intune (MDM and MAM) and Teams with School Data Sync (SDS) set-up. And looking holistically end to end to the resources ready for deployment & adoption (usage) assistance for smooth customer experience.
Primary examples include:
- Drives student and educator usage by focusing on strategic workloads in Office 365 (Forms, Teams + SDS, OneNote) and Security (Identity AADP, Intune MDM, MAM)
- Grows usage of integrated learning solutions on the Microsoft platform (Office 365, School Data Synch, Teams, Edge, Dynamics 365)
- Grows and protect Windows 10 device share, by creating demand for experiences specific to Windows o Drives Azure as the cloud for education, especially in academic research by establishing strategic design wins across top research institutions
- Ensures licensing agreement renewals are modern cloud first agreements with/through partners
- Qualifying and landing inbound partner co-sell opportunities with Microsoft sales teams and partner with other roles to ensure customer success in the acquisition, implementation, and consumption of partners services and solutions
- Driving partner attach and partner pipeline development with sales teams and partner engagement during sales cycle
- Alleviating key partner and customer and success blockers
- Providing insight and feedback from customers and partners to help learning and improvement in industry solutions and digital transformation offerings
- Remaining focused on partner facing time by running a healthy and predictable business that powers improvement in industry solutions and digital transformation offerings whilst maintaining rigorous sales process compliance
- Continuously nurturing and expanding your partner, sales, industry, technology and competitive knowledge and capabilities
Experiences Required: Education, Key Experiences, Skills and Knowledge
- Strong sales, channel sales, industry/solution selling or business development background, with 10+ years of technology-related experience, that includes extensive direct partner management
- Microsoft platform and technologies experience preferable
- Possess executive maturity, presence and experience in building trust with education partners and articulating how partners can help education institutions digitally transform teaching and learning/student outcomes with Microsoft solutions and connecting the right partners to the right customers at the right time.
- Ability to enable partners to drive customer digital transformation in a highly competitive environment with proven ability to successfully anticipate market changes to drive industry-relevant solutions and address competitive threats
- Strong communication and presentation skills with a high degree of comfort in both large and small audiences
- Experience in orchestrating virtual selling teams, leveraging repeatable offerings, that maximize revenue/market share/consumption opportunities and increase partner and customer satisfaction
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Benefits and Perks
- Industry leading healthcare
- Savings and investments
- Giving programs
- Educational resources
- Maternity and paternity leave
- Opportunities to network and connect
- Discounts on products and services
- Generous time away
Job number: 681278
Role type: Individual Contributor
Employment type: Full-Time
Experience: Experienced professionals