Yes Payment of Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs is authorized, subject to the provisions of the Joint Travel Regulations.
This job is open to
Career transition (CTAP, ICTAP, RPL)
Federal employees who meet the definition of a “surplus” or “displaced” employee.
Family of overseas employees
Family members of a federal employee or uniformed service member who is, or was, working overseas.
Federal employees - Competitive service
Current or former competitive service federal employees.
Clarification from the agency
See “Who May Apply” in the “Qualifications” section for more information on who is eligible to apply for this position.
About the Position:
This position is located at Headquarters, United States European Command, Directorate of Manpower, Personnel and Administration, in Stuttgart, Germany.
- Serve as principal and senior advisor and analyst to the Director of Manpower, Personnel and Administration , Headquarters United States European Command (HQ USEUCOM).
- Identify high priority operational requirements and direct and prepare plans affecting functions in regards to Manpower and Personnel.
- Provide technical expertise in the development of short, mid and long-range plans and objectives, policy and program planning, and operational requirements.
- Provide joint personnel planning, developing personnel policy and programs to support US Forces and their families providing theater level strength management and manage the joint manpower program of the organization.
- Manage the development of policy changes in response to changes in Department of Defense, joint service and/or guidance, funding and priorities for the command.
- Manage the organizational planning functions of the directorate in support of strategic lines of effort.
- Oversee strategic planning, direction and timely execution of ECJ1 programs; develops, assigns and approves strategic goals, objectives and strategies for subordinate divisions.
- Provide supervision in conducting comprehensive management studies and special projects to develop objectives and milestones.
- Represent the Director in all matters during Director?s absences; and in his/her stead, attends required meetings and conferences with representatives of HQ USEUCOM, Component Commands, Office of the Secretary of Defense and other agencies.
- Present formal and informal briefings pertaining to manpower, human resources, contingency planning and other management programs to the director, senior staff or visiting officials to justify/defend the organization’s management programs.
- Maintain close liaison with representatives of the Department of Defense and other federal agencies to obtain or provide information on high priority personnel projects to ensure consideration of command effects, policies, and recommendations.
- Manage the development of policy changes in response to changes in higher headquarters? guidance, funding, and regional priorities to provide guidance regarding the overall strategic plan for near term and long-range goals and objectives.
- Provide technical advice and guidance on implementation of Joint Manpower and Personnel policies and programs to senior leadership for resource planning.
- Assist in restructuring or realignment based on economic conditions to include change in legislation authority or approved funding levels for program establishment.
Occasional travel - Temporary Duty (TDY) Travel is up to 15 %.