Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. Growth mindset encourages each of us to lean in and learn what matters most to our customers, to create the foundational knowledge that enables us to make customer-first decisions in everything we do. In doing so, we create life-
changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us achieve our mission.
Strategic Account Technology Strategist (S-ATS)
The S-ATS is at the forefront of our digital transformation efforts for our industry-specific customers. They work exclusively to dissect the industry of a specific customer, map industry trends to the technical foundation, understand and translate where the customer wants to go, and orchestrate resources to make that vision a reality. Improvement is a given and disruption a must for the S-ATS. Their technical acumen and industry expertise enable the customer to do business like never before. They are members of a team that aspires for the line-of-business platform to be based on Microsoft Azure Cloud, Modern Workplace solutions, and Microsoft Dynamics 365, while simultaneously respecting legacy platforms as needed.
The S-ATS reports to the Sales Manager and is the owner of the CIO/CTO relationship and contributor to the CEO/CFO relationship owned by their peer, the Strategic Account Executive. As a Strategic Account Technology Strategist (S-ATS), consider yourself a dedicated virtual CTO who has mastered your customer’s industry and related key scenarios.
This job will provide you:
• A forum to leverage your technical expertise and industry acumen
• Authorization to make major disruptions and changes to the technical architecture that transforms industry solutions
• An opportunity to drive your customers to do business like never before in a new and transformational way
• The chances to lead teams of deep technology experts and partners who have a vested interest in the customer, without having management responsibilities
We are looking for you to master our customer’s industry and business, the markets in which customers operate, and Microsoft’s capability to help them drive their digital transformation. You may have a track record in our customers’ industries and may have performed in positions such as CIO, CTO, CDO. The broad scope of responsibility of this role requires a solid understanding of both business and technology strategy, change management, and a principled approach to broad digital
transformational challenges and opportunities. You may also share a common set of characteristics – such as strong leadership and people skills - and bring the experience that drive innovation and customer value.
The S-ATS will be responsible for the following:
• Digital transformation –Disrupting the mindset of customers and sales teams by bringing innovative ideas that showcase Microsoft’s unique value proposition
• Leadership –Orchestrating technical teams in order to help solidify the path to the complex, yet exciting journey that is digital transformation. Beyond orchestration, you will display the ability to rely on the help of others and ensure there is a vested interest to engage
• Technical architecture ownership - Leading the design and delivery of technical architectures for the insurance customer Allianz
• Technical sales leadership – Differentiating yourself by having a combination of a strong focus on line-of-business platform and related industry solutions
• Executive presence – Owning relationships with technology executives –CIO/CTO and members of their office and influencing relationships with CEO/CFO Qualifications
• 3+ years of experience in digital transformation roles
• 5+ years of experience leading technical teams
• 5+ years of technical sales experience
• Bachelor’s degree in computer engineering or business administration related degree. Master’s degree preferred
• Additional training or education in business, sales, or marketing preferred
• Experience in business consulting or consultative selling is desired
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Job number: 740731
Profession: Technical Sales
Role type: Individual Contributor
Employment type: Full-Time
Experience: Experienced professionals
IT/ EDV Hardware & Netzwerke
Projektleitung/ Stabstelle/ Spezialist