Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world.
The MNA Channel Executive is responsible for landing the local partner co-sell motions aligned to the global and regional account plans, and for the local sales execution for sell-through in Consumer, SMB, Commercial and Education.
The Channel Executive (MNA CE) is a crucial role to help accelerate sales of devices with preinstalled Windows; the attach of Office, Teams and other Microsoft software + services, including Windows Server; comprised of standard, Data Center and Hybrid Cloud offerings and more.
The Channel Executive will own and run the core sales plays across Consumer, Commercial, SMB and Education in close partnership with the cross functional teams to drive balanced execution aligned to the Core and New business priorities.
The Channel Executive is expected to lead a world class partner management process and build trust with the partner across their local executive leadership and management teams to accelerate local execution and win the trust of the partner.
Partner Relationship Management (25%) Build & maintain successful business partnerships based on trust
- Foster mutually beneficial partner relationships to become a trusted advisor to your partner.
- Establish a rhythm of business to stay informed and aligned with the partner’s local strategy, business imperatives, and intended investments.
- Share expert knowledge of Microsoft ’s priorities, programs, and device selling strategies, driving alignment between partner and Microsoft.
- Promote local activities with partner(s), facilitating engagement between partner and local Microsoft leadership teams aligned to the key strategic business priorities.
- Proactively review and track the progress of partner satisfaction, acting on areas of opportunity to increase the health of the relationship.
Partner Business Management (35%) Challenger selling and “world-class” partner management
- Work with partners to develop sell-through plans and co-sell go-to-market strategy, creating effective plans for each customer segment: Consumer, SMB, Commercial and Education
- Build joint strategic co-sell plans with local category and device marketing to drive effective co-sell offers with aligned marketing investments and KPI’s
- Track progress of sell-through and local execution of marketing campaigns, investments/ROI and KPI’s
- Leverage internal competitive intelligence to guide partners to address identified gaps and emerging trends in the local market
- Provide feedback to Corp and regional teams, sharing local updates, and managing and escalating roadblocks and supply gaps.
- Accurately forecast and budget at the beginning of each quarter aligned to the revenue goals and KPI’s
Partner Business Development (20%) Modern device portfolio and solutions offering’s
- Work with partner(s) to build a healthy portfolio of solutions offering’s to attach Microsoft Services for Modern Workplace with M365, Autopilot and Modern Infrastructure with Azure, Azure Stack and HCI enabled through CSP in conjunction with Windows, and Windows Server.
- Orchestrate relevant DPSS, CCSM and OCP resources locally to help onboard and scale the partner coverage through direct, and indirect channels leveraging the consumer and commercial programs to ready and incent the channel partners or retailers (B+M and Online)
- Drive co-sell with direct and indirect channel partners to accelerate reach across all segments focused on net new sales pipeline and sell-through revenues.
- Develop subject matter expertise on the core and new business opportunities to help accelerate innovation and adoptions of new technology across Device, Software and Services
- Improve Windows device ecosystem health and maximize portfolio planning by overseeing gaps between supply and demand.
- Proactively monitor pricing gaps and share competitive intelligence to enable early OEM device portfolio planning decisions.
Partner Co-Selling (20%) Partner Co-Sell leadership and orchestration
- Advance a “One Global Partner Sales” approach in Consumer and Commercial by developing a strong understanding of Microsoft internal and organizational landscapes while establishing close alignment with segment teams across HQ and the subsidiary.
- Facilitate segment opportunity reviews and meetings to discuss competitive strategies, advocate for partners, and uncover net new opportunities in Consumer, Commercial and Education
- Take ownership for all Microsoft resources engaged with the partner, and who are fully involved with the co-sell to deliver on our shared accountabilities.
- Expand cross-unit collaboration across the Global Partner Group in pursuit of Small/mid-market solutions & partners on devices plus cloud offering’s in close orchestration with OCP
- 7+ years of experience in sales in the technology industry with a proven track record in establishing and managing business partnerships between OEM, distributors, and resellers.
Ideally master degree in engineering, computer science, or business.
- Excellent grasp of commercial business fundamentals, channel development, and competitive pressures in the current environment.
- Good knowledge in SaaS, and Daas motions
Strong fundamentals on CSP, and how to onboard and scale partners
- Aptitude for strategic planning, budget, forecast and project management, as well as tactical execution.
- Excellent oral and written communication, with the capability of delivering effective executive presentations and negotiate deals.
Strong sales, customer service, negotiation, and objection handling all on executive level.
- Executive maturity to develop strong relationships at multiple management levels across Microsoft and partner.
Fluent German is beneficial.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Benefits and Perks
- Industry leading healthcare
- Savings and investments
- Giving programs
- Educational resources
- Maternity and paternity leave
- Opportunities to network and connect
- Discounts on products and services
- Generous time away
Job number: 858909
Role type: Individual Contributor
Employment type: Full-Time
Experience: Experienced professionals