The role can be based at BERLIN or MUNICH.
Do you have broad and deep experience in both the business and technical aspects of cloud computing and related IT technologies? Do you have rich experience understanding and influencing technology choices and implementations with public sector customers (governments, educational institutions, non-profit entities, and non-governmental organizations)? Do you enjoy working with customers to achieve greater efficiencies and successes by IT modernization and cloud technologies? Can you help business leaders and technologists assess their technology requirements, and then help drive the internal product / service development roadmap for existing and new cloud services?
As our Regional Leader for Public Sector within AWS, you will have the exciting opportunity to help shape and deliver on a strategy to build mind share and broad use of Amazon’s cloud computing platform within Government, Healthcare and Education in the Germany, Austria & Switzerland (DACH) region.
You will be responsible for defining key market segments to target, driving the necessary business and technical relationships with customers, and leading the team to open up new market segments and close high impact Lighthouse wins.
The ideal candidate will possess both a business background that enables them to drive engagement and interact with credibility at CxO/VP level, as well as a technical background that enables them to easily interact with software developers and architects. He/she should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically and analytically about business, product, and technical challenges, with the ability to build and convey compelling value propositions, and work cross-organizationally to build consensus. They will have a proven ablity to grow and lead high performance teams. A keen sense of ownership and the drive to deliver results is a must.
Roles & Responsibilities:
· Serve as a key member of the EMEA Public Sector leadership team in helping to drive overall AWS market and technical strategy.
· Help define the AWS market segments, customer base, and industry verticals we target.
· Set a strategic sales plan for target markets and ensure it’s in line with the AWS strategic direction.
· Execute the strategic business development plan while working with key internal stakeholders (e.g. account management teams, service teams, legal, support, etc.).
· Identify specific prospects/partners to approach while communicating the specific value proposition for their business and use case.
· Fill the business development pipeline by engaging with prospects, partners, and key customers.
· Work closely with the customer base to ensure they are successful using our web services, making sure they have the technical resources required.
· Understand the technical requirements of our customers and work closely with the internal development teams to guide the direction of our product offerings for developers.
· Prepare and give business reviews to the senior management team regarding progress and roadblocks to closing new customers.
· Manage complex contract negotiations and liaison with the legal group.
· Develop long-term strategic partnerships in support of our key markets.
· Handle a high volume of engagements and the fast pace of the cloud computing market
· Grow and manage a team of sales professionals and an extended team of all functions under the Public Sector umbrella in the region.
· Proven experience of solution selling within the public sector industry.
· The right person will have excellent communication and writing skills, and be both technical and analytical.
· Self-motivated with a great sense of urgency and follow-through.
· Must have a good understanding of government procurement and education contract vehicles.
· Excellent communicator who can quickly earn the respect of the team and customers.
· Must have the ability to work independently and effectively across internal and external organizations.
· Fluent English language
· The ability to build and scale high performance teams
· Significant technology related sales, business development, or sales engineering/consulting experience
· Computer Science and/or Engineering/Math background.
· Working knowledge of software development practices and data center / infrastructure / networking technologies.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.
Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon.
IT/ EDV Hardware & Netzwerke
Bereichs-/ Abteilungs-/ Gruppenleitung