Our Client is a leading global manufacturer of components for the commercial vehicle industry. The company designs, engineers, and manufactures mechanical Parts. The company is already working with wellknown trucks brand in North America and Asia.
The company is now willing to enter in European market. Therefore, they are looking for their European Business Development Director
The Director Europe Business Development is responsible for uncovering and cultivating opportunities to enter and grow the business in the European commercial vehicle market. . You will work with both local and North America engineering to align the products with the market needs. The markets of interest include but are not limited to heavy and medium duty trucks, buses, and trailer applications
- Develop and execute the company’s business development roadmap, creating new revenue streams, while ensuring sound alignment with our long-term vision, mission, and strategy
- Set the direction for the region and establish organizational needs to support the business growth
- Identify, analyze, and develop new business opportunities in the European commercial vehicle industry
- Creating, cultivating relationships with both commercial vehicle OEM’s and fleet customers in the region
- Investigate and engage where appropriate strategic partnerships to enhance ability to grow within the market
- Work with current and emerging technology OEM’s and identify new product possibilities as well as paths to supply current technologies.
- Collaborate with the engineering team on product requirements needed to enter and grow in the market
- Interface with our various internal teams—from engineering, sales, manufacturing and more—to understand current and future product features and capabilities.
- Have the vision to expand upon current products, whether it be pushing improvements and innovations or finding new customers or new applications for those products.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Engineering or other technical degree highly preferred; MBA is a plus
- 10 or more years of corporate experience in the European Commercial Vehicle Industry with progressively growing responsibility
- 5 or more years of business development experience in the European Commercial Vehicle Industry
- Significant Go-to-Market experience
- Experience in strategically creating and negotiating agreements
- Knowledge and/or experience of commercial vehicles and/or commercial vehicle components; experience and/or knowledge of wheel end systems or adjacent components preferred
- English and German Fluent
- Varied and challenging tasks
- Modern company with flat hierarchies and informal communication culture
- Excellent career opportunities and autonomy in organising your workflow
- A motivating environment with supportive colleagues
- A permanent contract in an emerging and promising industry