Aiven is a cloud technology startup launched in 2016 and headquartered in Helsinki, Finland. Aiven enables businesses to build awesome, data-intensive applications through self-managing data infrastructure on public clouds by leveraging leading open source technologies.
At Aiven, our mission is to enable developers to focus on building awesome softwares without worrying about the data infrastructure management. We democratise access to open source databases and data technologies such as Apache Kafka, PostgreSQL, MySQL, and Apache Cassandra through managed cloud services.
We are hiring an Engineering Manager to join our Engineering team based at our Office in Berlin-Prenzlauer Berg. In this role, you will be working with your direct reports, product managers, designers and company leadership to build the future of Aiven.
People Management Skills
- You have at least 3 years of hands-on technical leadership, and people management experience
- You have experience in recruiting strong engineering talents
- You have a passion for managing and motivating teams to reach their potential, including performance management
- You are a great teammate who is happy to collaborate across Aiven’s functional areas and locations at all levels of the organisation
Project Management Skills
- You communicate cross-functionally and drive engineering efforts
- You feel comfortable leading initiatives and presenting to groups
- You are able to adapt quickly to changes in business requirements, capable in estimating timelines and deliver on schedule
- Bachelor or Master Degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent practical experience
- At least 5+ years experience as a software developer (e.g. in Python, Java, Go, C/C++)
- Strong standing in technical discussions, a subject matter expert, and getting-things-done mentality
- Be responsible for the planning and scheduling of people, resources and tools to deliver against the roadmap
- Have a proven background in successfully-delivered software solutions, working on best testing practices and deployment techniques
- You have genuine interest in open source technologies and technical challenges
- Experience working in a fast-growing tech start-up / scale-up
What we can offer:
- A fast growing tech company with plenty of opportunities for everyone to develop and progress your career
- Lots of autonomy to be creative and work “your way”
- Participation in employee stock option plan
- Relocation package
- Mobile phone and subscription
- Flexible working hours
- Cool Office in the centre of Berlin (Prenzlauer Berg) and remote working flexibility
- Office snacks, soft drinks, treats and fruits
You will be part of a highly-skilled, tight-knit team, making your contribution essential to what is becoming a great success story. If you’re interested, send us your application along with a link to your GitHub profile.