You will be leading GS HR Operations for ~270 employees within the CEMA region. Your primary responsibility will be to act as a key resource for German employment laws and regulations, employee data management and integrity and HR operational matters with regard to the employee life cycle such as benefits, on-boarding, transfers, international mobility and recruiting. You will also partner with the functional HR Business Partners, the Global COE’s and your counter parts from Asia Pacific, WESA and NAMR to facilitate, drive and execute organizational change across GS. You will be responsible for designing and operationalizing user-friendly plans and programs that support a “best place to work environment” and maximizes employee engagement within Global Services.
In addition to taking the lead for GS HR operations within CEMA you will have the opportunity to utilize analytics, project management and communication skills to work on a variety of projects to enhance the employee experience for GS CEMA employees and translate business strategy into various HR solutions to increase overall organizational capabilities, organizational culture and operational efficiencies.
YOU’RE GOOD AT
- Delivering top notch HR operations and managing the day to day operations with support from your two-person team (one in Germany and one in India)
- Handling wide range of employee relations matters, providing subject matter expertise to HR business partners and other HR Senior Leadership
- Partnering with HR counter parts across the globe and in other areas of the organization to ensure alignment of HR policies and procedures
- Developing and maintain effective business partnerships and a strong network with key stakeholders such as the HR Business Partner, the Centers of Excellence such as Mobility and Performance and Recruiting as well as a partnership with Legal, Risk, Operations and IT
- Evolving processes, ways of working, and looking for ways to continue to add value to the employee experience across the GS locations
- Rolling up your sleeves and acting as the first point of contact for staff and managers with regard to HR policies and procedures ensuring appropriate communication and consistent application
- Understanding business goals and market trends and leveraging this insight to recommend and influence new approaches, policies and procedures to effect continual improvements in business objectives, productivity and development of HR.
- Acting as a catalyst for change; guiding organizational design, development and change management solutions
- Proactively drive change and drive HR projects across GS (e.g. project Cumulus and On-boarding)
YOU BRING (EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Human Resources, Organization Development or other related field is required; advanced degree and other HR qualifications a plus
- Minimum 7-10 years of progressive experience in a global and matrixed environment, providing guidance and influence to Senior level/Executive leadership team members
- Strong knowledge of German employment laws and regulations
- Experience with performance management, employee relations and compensation management
- Experience with HR Management systems like Workday
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving approaches and the ability to influence
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, sound judgement and the ability to juggle many often-competing priorities simultaneously
- Advanced communication skills: oral, written and active listening
- An active team player with strong organizational, analytical and project management skills
- Comfortable in both working in detail and understanding the big picture; able to consider the ramifications of decisions on various constituencies
- Reason minded with a pragmatic and hands on approach
- Strong excel and PowerPoint skills, ideally Slack, Trello and Egnyte,
- Project Management experience to establish operational objectives which align to strategic policies and implementing changes
WHO WE ARE
BCG pioneered strategy consulting more than 50 years ago, and we continue to innovate and redefine the industry. We offer multiple career paths for the world’s best talent to have a real impact on business and society. As part of our team, you will benefit from the breadth and diversity of what we are doing today and where we are headed next. We count on your authenticity, exceptional work, and strong integrity. In return we are committed to supporting you in discovering the most fulfilling career journey possible-and unlocking your potential to advance the world.
Our team called Global Services (GS) provides corporate support to business areas such as Finance, Legal, HR, Marketing and IT. This diverse team of experts, operators and specialists represent all levels from Partner to entry level staff, operating across the globe in multiple countries. Global Services is in short, the backbone of BCG.
Boston Consulting Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity / expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law, where applicable, and those with criminal histories will be considered in a manner consistent with applicable state and local laws.