Position Type :
Type Of Hire :
Experienced (relevant combo of work and education)
Education Desired :
Bachelor of Business Administration
Travel Percentage :
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you’ll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
About the team
The role holder will be responsible for the strategic leadership of Banking vertical across all Germany, managing teams both directly and indirectly to deliver 24/7 service excellence. The incumbent is ultimately accountable for the Banking divisions performance and growth for Germany and will be a significant contributor to the success and growth across Europe. The role focus is growth, leadership and maximising the Banking proposition.
What you will be doing
This senior leadership role requires a continuous improvement approach which nurtures a culture of service beyond the stated process and procedures. Success will be measured by how effectively you address the total needs of the Banking customers and the leadership needs of the FIS teams for this location. Ensuring growth and successful execution of market strategies for Germany are core to this position.
You and your team will collaborate effectively with all Banking stakeholders to ensure the Banking group is operating optimally and meeting revenue and growth targets. This position is responsible for the profit and loss centre for Banking in Germany and you will collaborate with a broad range of senior leaders to ensure financial objectives and strategic business goals of the Banking business are achieved.
Key Responsibilities & Objectives:
• Establish clear objectives, plans and budgets
• Set strategic direction, guidance and go to market strategy for the Banking product portfolio and ensure strategies are communicated and embedded across the actions and processes of leveraged services and contributing verticals
• Provide clear vision for FIS’s customers and employees on the company’s role in the market and direction of development at a local level, whilst connecting that vision to the Regional vision.
• Accountable for country financial success and growth, e.g., profit/loss and attainment of current and long-range objectives, with responsibility to support, enable and contribute to regional financial success.
• Direct functional managers to align with and drive operational and strategic delivery including product management, development, pre-sales, planning and administration functions
• Collaborate with heads of Delivery, Sales and Client Engagement to ensure business goals are met
• Select, develop and evaluate team members to ensure efficient operation of the organization
What you bring:
• Extensive knowledge of the financial services industry and retail banking in particular
• Extensive experience with banking practices, managing to regulatory change within assigned lines of business
• Experience as a Profit & Loss owner and senior leader within a software vendor and demonstrated effectiveness within a large corporate matrix environment
• In-depth knowledge of end-to-end systems development life cycles including waterfall, iterative and other modern approaches to software development
• Exemplary verbal and written communication skills to technical and non-technical audiences of various levels within FIS or client organization, e.g., executive, management, individual contributors
• Proven track record of managing teams of different disciplines; technical, analytical and business
• Excellent analytical, decision-making, problem-solving and time management skills
• Ability to understand, anticipate and communicate client needs
• Ability to persuade and influence internally and externally
• Ability to travel
• Bachelor’s degree in business administration, finance, computer science or related discipline or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience. Post-graduate education preferred
• Fluent English speaker
Added Bonus if you have
• Fluency in both German and English
What we offer you
• A multifaceted job with a high degree of responsibility and a broad spectrum of opportunities
• A modern, international work environment and a dedicated and motivated team
• The chance to work on some of the most challenging, relevant issues in financial services & technology
• A work environment built on collaboration, flexibility and respect
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.
IT/ EDV Hardware & Netzwerke
Bereichs-/ Abteilungs-/ Gruppenleitung