The availability of comfortable charging solutions is critical to the adoption of electric vehicles. Tesla has taken a lead role in building a true pan-European network with the coverage and capacity that truly offers freedom of travel at an ever growing rate.
It is extremely important to us and our mission that charging is convenient, abundant, and reliable for all owners, current and future. In order to provide customers a seamless experience we’re constantly growing the Tesla charging network and expanding existing sites. We are also broadening our charging locations at highway locations, destinations, at home and at workplaces. Tesla provides a seamless, consistent charging experience across Europe, from the North Cape to Portugal, and from Ireland to Croatia.
This role provides management and oversight for all phases of Tesla’s charging installation programs, including process development, feasibility diligence, design, construction and closeout. As the programs continue to expand, this role will develop and refine processes and operational tools, schedules and budgets. The role is ultimately responsible for ensuring that quality, budget and scheduling expectations are achieved and that all relevant external relationships are well managed. The ideal candidate will have relevant program management experience and a track record of building new programs. The role will cover the DACH-CEE Region and requires English language proficiency.
Management and oversight of:
- Responsibility for the timely roll-out of our charging infrastructure projects
- Installation improvement and roll-out of the charging network in the region while managing timelines, quality and budget
- Status reporting on progress, costs and performance
- Steering and guiding external partners like site partners, grid operators, permitting authorities and installation partners
- Approach/strategy for project implementation
- Utility service and interconnection
- Installation design and construction drawings
- Equipment procurement
- Providing relevant information like energy cost structure and supporting in finding suppliers
Additional key responsibilities:
- Manage ongoing relationships with key external partners, including property owners/managers, general contractors, permitting authorities, utilities, and others.
- Manage ongoing relationships with key internal teams, including purchasing, engineering, production, and service.
- Identify challenges affecting feasibility and timeline for installations, and provide creative and resourceful solutions to ensure site delivery without delays or compromises related to scale or customer experience.
- Relevant infrastructure program/project management experience with a track record for ramping up new programs, ideally involving new power service and/or distributed generation or storage.
- Proven track record of managing and delivering multiple simultaneous construction technical projects on time and within budget, and adhering to the highest quality and standards through excellent cost control, project forecasting skills and ability to develop detailed schedules.
- Understanding of the permitting and grid connection process, and experience working with the relevant authorities to ensure a smooth path and expedited schedule.
- Working knowledge of construction documents, commercial leases, and construction exhibits.
- Understanding of the design process and elements, as well as the underlying electrical calculations regarding power and currents; ability to develop new design approaches.
- Keen interest in electric vehicles and energy systems.
- Ability to communicate effectively to a wide range of individuals; building officials, tenant coordinators, general contractors, subcontractors, architects, consultants, Tesla direct vendors, and internal Tesla staff.
- Proficiency in both technical and commercial communications; strong ability to simplify and isolate roadblocks.
- Comfort and experience working in high pressure and dynamic work environments.
- Ability to identify potential problems and resolve before they affect the project negatively.
- High level of competence and comfort working both in teams and in isolation.
- Ability to travel intensively (up to 50%).
- Fluency in English and German, other Eastern European language skills are a plus.
Job CategoryService & Energy InstallationLocationMünchen, BavariaReq. ID70783Job TypeFull-time