International Business Project Manager
At Essity we are seeking an International Business Project Manager (IBPM) for our Project Management Office (PMO) Personal Care, (PC) where the most complex and high profile of Essity’s Supply Chain and business change projects are planned and executed. The PMO is also responsible for the development and support of professional Project Management across the Essity organization.
This role will report to the Director of Project Management PC and it is also expected that you represent the PMO, supporting the professionalization of Project Management across Essity by coaching, delivery of Project Management training and acting as role model for successful Project Management. You will influence and steer decision-making processes to grow the business.
What you will do:
As a project manager you will plans, execute and successfully deliver projects according to Essity’s established Project Management methodologies (traditional waterfall through to Agile as required). You will have the leadership of projects from pre-initiation business case through to handover and follow up after project closure.
Furthermore you wil havel:
- Management of projects with significant change, business leadership, manufacturing, new technology development and new technology introduction, innovation, supply chain impact, logistics improvement and new product introduction.
- Management of significant CAPEX. Typically 10-25m euros. A small number of projects are greater whilst some high complexity projects may also be low in CAPEX value.
- Management of project budget(s) and undertaking all associated governance, accounting and invoicing oversight.
- Risk Management and demonstrating excellence in risk identification & mitigation.
- Scheduling and ability to decompose high level objectives into structured work packages.
- Create hierarchical project / programme plans and manage critical path.
- Project Management of diverse, multi-functional global project teams.
- Lead cross-functional teams with a total task approach based on excellence in leadership, competence and deployment of world class Project Management tools, techniques and processes.
- Project and performance management of Global suppliers and supply base.
- Securing required resources to deliver upon projects commitments.
- Inspire, lead and motivate cross functional teams assigned to projects.
- Establish efficient and effective hierarchical project governance and steering function within projects.
- Ensure effective communication to stakeholders up, down and across the global matrix.
- Report in written and verbal formats upon projects to a wide range of forums, varying from 1:1 with Sponsor and Senior Stakeholders through to communication with large global remote teams.
- Reporting upon project success using standardised and quantified KPIs.
- Ensure the use of and dissemination of best practice in Project Management
- Develop, improve, standardize and support the introduction of world class processes and tools in the area of Project Management
Who you are:
You are a leader with a proven strategic mindset, extensive Project Management background and ability to drive tactical project execution across a complex global matrix organization. Your passion, acumen and high level of management ability will mean you are comfortable and have a track record of delivering challenging and large business change and high value capital equipment projects, often but not always limited to a Manufacturing or Supply Chain environment. You will be able to resolve sometimes ambiguous requirements from diverse global stakeholders and functions (Sales, R&D, Technology, Marketing, Manufacturing, Supply Chain, Finance…etc) and lead global remote teams to the development of a clear scope, a well-supported plan and achieve successful project completion through the global team.
You have high level of attention to details in projects, plan and ensure same from Project team whilst also maintaining ability / agility to always understand the big picture, changing contexts and influencing strategic change if needed.
- Drive continuous improvements and demonstrate a sense of urgency
- High energy, inspirational and empathic leadership with capability of creating multiple personal relationships and to build trust with others.
- Strong influencing skills at all level in the Organization and capability to understand Business and cultural differences and to adjust leadership behaviour accordingly.
- Strong leadership skills, with the ability to lead large indirect cross functional and global teams.
- Effectively coach and develop people
- Proven skill to prioritize multiple tasks and keep team focused on priorities.
- Strong influencing skills across the Organization with an ability of creating clarity and support for projects when initially faced with an ambiguous situation / context.
- Ability to create business case/recommendation managing multiple commercial, financial, resources and technology/manufacturing variables.
- Strong ability to engage, manage and negotiate with external partners such as IT providers, machine suppliers, technology vendors and consultants.
- Excellent communication skills at all levels / all stakeholders (written & verbal) and ability to quickly adapt to differing leadership styles.
- Customer and Results orientation delivering results and meeting Customer expectations with an entrepreneurial and commercial thinking.
- Ability to manage high level of complexity and multiple stakeholders in an effective way
- Ability to manage and lead change in global environments
- Embrace and live our Beliefs and Behaviours - Care, Courage, Collaboration and Commitment.
What you need:
Key qualifications to succed in the role
- University Degree in Project Management, Science, Marketing or related fields.
- +10 years of experience in International Project Management.
- Ideally PMP certified or able to demonstrate similar level of Project Management competency and achievement.
- 5-10 years’ experience in Manufacturing/Operations/Marketing/Product Development/Engineering/Technology.
- Fully fluent in English language
- Significant and demonstrated experience leading multifunctional Project teams with the ability to prioritize speed to market, product/process development and operational start-ups.
- Commercial and financial knowledge to prepare, manage and forecast CAPEX and project budgets.
- Well-rounded understanding of entire End to End Supply Chain and its interactions with the Sales, Marketing, Product, Process and Technology Development work.
- Experience of working in international/global assignments ideally in multiple regions.
This role typically requires 25% - 50% travel however the exact frequency and duration of travel will be dependent upon particular projects and stages within Project Lifecyle.
Ideally the person will be in Göteborg, or Europe based & commutable to large Essity plant/office.
At Essity, we believe every career is as unique as the individual and empower employees to reach their full potential in a winning culture motivated by a powerful purpose.
Collaborative and caring Work Environment | Empowerment | Job Impact | Work with a Powerful Purpose | Individual Learning and Development | Health & Safety | Social Responsibility | Innovation
Together, we are improving lives, every day.
Working at Essity is not just a career; it is a chance to directly make the world a healthier, more hygienic and safer place. With impactful innovations coupled with sustainable solutions, we strive to reach more people every year with the necessary and essential solutions for well-being.