Passionate to eat better, Infarm was founded in Berlin in 2013 by Osnat Michaeli and the brothers Erez and Guy Galonska. With the aim to share the goodness of own-grown produce with everyone, they developed a smart modular farming system, that allows distribution of farms throughout the urban environment, growing fresh produce in any available space and fulfilling any market demand.
Today, with cutting edge R&D, patented technologies, and a leading multi-disciplinary team, Infarm is growing a global farming network helping cities become self-sufficient in their food production while significantly improving the safety, quality, and environmental footprint of our food.
Be part of the Infarm (r)evolution and help people to take back ownership of their food.
The MEP Engineer manages, evaluates, and assesses information related to Mechanical, Electrical and Plumbing systems necessary to construct the project on time in a safe manner, within budget, and to the quality specified by the contract documents.
The MEP Engineer will lead all MEP related topics in Infarm’s execution projects, including planning, consultants coordination, subcontractors contracting, owner’s representatives etc in order to ensure optimal alignment and efficient systems installation.
In Addition the MEP Engineer will work closely with other internal teams such as Hardware Engineering and Installation to develop different MEP solutions for our farming systems.
- Prepare and manage the planning of all MEP systems on different execution projects, including coordination with all related project participants and external consultants.
- Prepare and manage the contract item’s list for all related components, materials, and systems to ensure that all ROJ dates are in compliance with the project schedule with the appropriate approval status.
- Participate in schedule update meetings and provide the latest information for an informed and accurate schedule.
- Building and controlling the budget including review, evaluation, and negotiation of all change orders with understanding of the financial status of all subcontractors.
- Prepare scope of work documents with a division of responsibility for trades and specific scopes of work for temporary operations.
- Ensuring overall installation is in compliance with the design requirements, operations and maintenance fundamentals, and quality standards.
- Identify and inform the management team of difficult installation requirements in sufficient time to allow for proper planning and execution.
- Monitoring the installation of services on site.
- Conduct regular project walkthroughs to ensure that work is proceeding in accordance with the contract documents, coordination drawings, and approved submittals.
- Lead the overall turnover process including start-up, testing, commissioning and closeout.
- Making sure that all building services meet health and safety requirements and environmental legislation.
- Minimum 3 years of working experience of relevant professional experience or an equivalent combination of education, training, and / or experience relating to mechanical and electrical systems.
- Technical expertise and understanding of HVAC Systems, electrical systems and plumbing and how they interrelate with each other.
- Understanding of technical requirements for indoor farming systems, including water, power, CO2 and waste requirements.
- Business acumen to plan, manage, and execute all the essential duties with excellent verbal and written communication skills in German and English, organizational ability, and proficiency with computer applications.
- Experience in taking projects from start to completion including all planning and execution phases.
- Experience in typical project management activities including timeline and budget control.
- Experience in tendering processes guidance and site management supervision done by external consultants.
- Experience, knowledge and understanding of building laws, city approvals processes and code compliance testing.
- Ability to work both independently and within a team
- Fluency in Autodesk Revit is prefered.
- Fluency in English and German with very good communication skills is required.
What we offer
- The opportunity to join Infarm as we expand across the globe and help change the future of farming
- The ability to drive impact and be a true partner to the business, working closely with top-level managers
- A friendly work environment with a diverse group of motivated, talented, and visionary colleagues
- 30 days of vacation plus an extra day off on your birthday
- Monthly BVG ticket
- Fresh herbs to take home
- Lunch provided 3 days a week
- Coffee, tea, fresh and healthy snacks and Friday drinks
Infarm is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to grow an inclusive environment, where everyone can thrive, regardless of your background and circumstances. We nurture diversity because we appreciate the uniqueness and differences between people. Each employee’s distinctive experiences, perspectives, and viewpoints helps us build a resilient environment, where we can all learn, grow, and create great things together. All applicants are given equal opportunityregardless of age, gender identity or expression, language, disability, ethnic origin, national origin, religion, belief, culture, socio-economic status, or sexual orientation.