Medical Affairs is a critical bridge between R&D and the commercial organization to ensure that our medicines reaches the appropriate patients. GSK has committed to building a new oncology business. To this end, the MSL Lead is a critical role to ensure oncology resource and activities are aligned and deployed to business priorities and patient needs in Germany. The function is crucial to align the MSL Team operationally and on scientific strategy. This role will also have responsibility for national activities.
• Create and form measures and programs out of the medical strategy within their designated scope, schedule, and resources
• Planning and coordination of field medical affairs activities across Germany
• Development, implementation and project lead of national medical scientific projects
• Identification and support of relevant study centres and cooperation partners and intensification of scientific dialogues (discussion of latest publications, data and therapies; scientific presentation and moderation of advisory boards/symposiums; …)
• Partner of choice and consultant for all external KOL´s and HCP´s
• Support clinical research programming across the continuum (Investigator sponsored research, Cooperative Group and Collaborator research, Company Sponsored trials)
• Partner within all areas of GMA (e.g. Medical Directors, Medical Communications, Medical Information, Publications, Advocacy) and support as content expert for Clinical Research, Sales, Marketing, Market Access, Advocacy, Communications
• Provide MSL Head with regular regional updates, based on output from direct reports
• Accredited doctorate degree in a life-science or basic-science discipline (Pharm.D.
• Demonstrable experience and success in MSL organizations in therapeutic oncology
• Clear evidence of Oncology experience - preferably within last 2/3 years
• a demonstrated understanding of the European healthcare environment, including knowledge of health technology assessments and market access challenges
• understanding of Pharmaceutical ethics and governance, of pharmaceutical compliance policies and procedures
• prior experience with commercial product launches
• expert public speaking and written communication skills
• successful and superior influencing skills across all levels of the organization and with external collaborators
• problem solving and risk-mitigation skills
• skilled in multiple computer-based tools
• fluency in English and German
• basic financial and budget management
• willingness to travel national extensively
• confident, positive attitude, enthusiastic and charismatic
• strategic and creative thinker
• able to manage multiple projects in a matrix and fast paced environment
• ability to work proactively and independently and delivering results under tight timelines
• resilience and change agility
GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK’s commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK’s compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK’s Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Medizinische Tätigkeiten/ Gesundheits-/ Sozialwesen
Bereichs-/ Abteilungs-/ Gruppenleitung