In 2006, Amazon Web Services (AWS) began offering IT infrastructure services to businesses in the form of web services - now commonly known as cloud computing. One of the key benefits of cloud computing is the opportunity to replace up-front capital infrastructure expenses with low variable costs that scale as a business grows. With the Cloud, businesses no longer need to plan for and procure servers and other IT infrastructure weeks or months in advance. Instead, they can instantly spin up hundreds or thousands of servers in minutes and deliver results faster.
Amazon Web Services is leading the next paradigm shift in computing and is building a team of professionals to establish relationships and manage the success of our Partner Ecosystem
in Germany for the AWS business.
As the German Partner Leader, you will have an exciting opportunity to generate awareness and adoption of the AWS cloud computing platform. Your responsibilities will include establishing and growing C-level, field and technical relationships with the AWS Partner ecosystem and sourcing advisors in Germany. You and your team will manage the day-to-day interactions with these relationships and facilitate them; you will be responsible for helping generate growth and overall market adoption. Furthermore you will be responsible to grow the Partner Landscape by recruiting and on boarding new Partners The ideal candidate will possess a business/sales background that enables them to facilitate relationships with the AWS Partners and business customers at all levels, as well as strong technical competency focused on the IT landscape and cloud computing. The candidate will have a record of accomplishment in channel development and also a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product/service, and technical challenges, and the ability to build strong C Level Partner relationships.
This position is based in Munich or Berlin.
· Serve as a senior leader and member of the AWS German management team in helping to define and deliver AWS’ overall go-to-market strategy.
· Help onboard and establish end customer success with premier and emerging partners within the Amazon Partner Network.
· Identify, engage and support a large number of German based AWS Consulting partners (GSI, Influencers, SIs, Systemhouses, Consulting, Resellers).
· Identify specific customer segments and industry verticals to approach (new trends like IoT, ML and AI).
· Create and articulate compelling value propositions around AWS services.
· Understand the technical and training requirements of our partners, and work closely with the internal AWS product teams to guide the direction of future products.
· Maintain a robust projects pipeline.
· Working experience with CRM systems, data warehousing and other analytic tools to establish detailed metrics for tracking purposes.
· Close cooperation with senior management team.
· Work with Solution Provider field organizations to define and execute joint go to market programs.
· Manage and support a pipeline of business associated with the Solution Providers.
· Work closely with the partners to ensure they are successful using our web services, making sure they have the technical resources required.
· Exploit the wider channel, including sourcing advisors, to support go to market activity.
· Develop and execute required plans while supporting key internal stakeholders (e.g. management, service teams, legal, support, etc.).
· Understand the technical requirements of our partners and work closely with the internal development team to guide the direction of our future products.
The successful candidate will have earned the trust of their senior leadership team through challenging preconceived norms, enabling growth and improving efficiency. He / she will be a natural leader and will have hired and developed world-class teams, taking brave and innovative talent decisions to scale teams to business needs. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of being part of sound decision making, taking ownership and delivering, preferably gained in a fast paced, growth environment.
S/he will have the following attributes:
· Significant Partner / Channel creation, development, and enablement experience (GSI, Influencers, System houses, SI, Resellers, and Consulting firms).
· The right person will possess strong partner management and business development experience in the software/technology industry.
· Consistently exceeds key performance metrics.
· Strong presentation skills and the ability to articulate complex concepts to cross functional audiences.
· Strong program management skills with a focus on delivering scalable programs supporting hundreds of customers/partners.
· Strong technical acumen, with a demonstrated track record of driving emerging/disruptive technologies like open source software, virtualization and Software as a Service delivery models.
· Ability to work effectively across complex, internal and external organizations.
Professional traits that are not unique to this position, but necessary for Amazon leaders:
· Excellent analytical skill, a passion for metrics and figures and the ability to get into the details, while also seeing and understanding the big picture.
· Strong bias for action, including the ability to juggle multiple priorities - Strong skills in accessing and using analytical tools and modelling.
· Innovative and commercial.
· Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines while managing multiple projects.
· Strong interpersonal skills including written and oral communication skills.
· Ambitious for self, team and Amazon.
· Is a great people manager that understands to further build, develop and motivate great teams.
· Thinks strategically and long term, but can also dive deep and stays on top of tactical execution.
· Has relentlessly high standards.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.
By submitting your resume and application information, you authorize Amazon to transmit and store your information in the Amazon group of companies’ world-wide recruitment database, and to circulate that information as necessary for the purpose of evaluating your qualifications for this or other job vacancies.
IT/ EDV Hardware & Netzwerke
Bereichs-/ Abteilungs-/ Gruppenleitung