The next great evolution of cloud computing is known as Serverless. Are you passionate about the cloud? Do you want to help mold the future of how customers build amazing things with AWS? Would you like to own driving growth for an entire new line of business? If you have the right blend of passion, enthusiasm, customer advocacy, curiosity and creativity, you may just be right for the Principal Business Development role on the AWS Platform Business Development Team
Increasingly, developers are moving to a “cloud native” application development approach. Serverless Computing allows you to build and run applications and services without thinking about servers. With serverless computing, your application still runs on servers, but all the server management is done by AWS. At the core of serverless computing is AWS Lambda and API Gateway. AWS Lambda lets you run your code without provisioning or managing servers. With Lambda, you can run code for virtually any type of application or backend service, and it takes care of everything required to run and scale your code with high availability. Amazon API Gateway is a fully managed API service that makes it easy for developers to create, publish, maintain, monitor, and secure APIs at any scale. Additionally, API Gateway provides companies with an easy way to build/integrate their APIs with the AWS Marketplace and start monetizing their processes and data.
In this role, you will be working directly with our services team and with top-tier companies & developers to help shape the future of Serverless Computing at AWS.
Key responsibilities will include:
· Contribute or own the Go-To-Market plan for key areas of Serverless. This includes driving the overall sales and technical strategy. Help define the market segments, customer base, and industry verticals we can target. Set a strategic business development plan for target markets and ensure it’s in line with the AWS strategic direction. Execute the strategic business development plan while working with key internal stakeholders (e.g. sales teams, service teams, legal, support, etc.).
· Incubate and Launch New Services or Key Features. As we launch new services, be a part of the core team that works with the initial customers to ensure we have strong references at launch. Drive a plan to ensure sales and partner readiness. Understand the technical requirements of our customers and work closely with the internal development teams to guide the direction of our product offerings.
· Work With Customer and Partner Wins Building On The Cutting Edge. Build a strong pipeline of customers who are working in key areas of the market or building new and interesting solutions. Work with these customers to become “lighthouse wins” of success.
· Strategic Business Development - Focus on complex deals and develop long-term strategic partnerships in support of our key markets.
· The right person will be technical, analytical, with good knowledge of value selling, and possess several years of business development enterprise sales, or program/product management experience.
· Strong verbal and written communications skills in English is a must
· The ideal candidate will have both a business background that enables them to drive an engagement and interact at the executive level, as well as a technical background to work with both our engineering teams and with customers looking to build solutions with our tools.
· They should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically and analytically about business, product, and technical challenges, with the ability to build and convey compelling value propositions, and work cross-organizationally to build consensus.
· A keen sense of ownership, drive, and scrappiness is a must.
· Experience with Cloud Technology
· Technical degree required in Computer Science, and/or Engineering/Math background.
· Working knowledge of software development practices and data center / infrastructure / networking technologies highly desired.
· Experience working within the technology industry and extensive contact network in both customers and partners highly desired.
· (Other major European languages i.e. German, French, Italian, Spanish, etc. is a plus), as well as leadership skills. Demonstrated ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations is key.
IT/ EDV Hardware & Netzwerke
Projektleitung/ Stabstelle/ Spezialist