Senior Casualty Treaty Underwriter (m/f/d)*
UK, Ireland & Northern Europe
For our Northern European Markets (UK, Ireland, NL and Scandinavia) we are looking to strengthen our casualty treaty team with a highly motivated and experienced senior underwriter. The main objective of the position is to maintain and expand our existing book of business in these technically challenging markets.
The team looks after the regional clients in those markets dealing with all casualty classes, however with a clear bias towards motor on both a proportional and non-proportional basis. In addition, we co-operate closely with our primary insurance company, Great Lakes SE, to provide co-Insurance solutions for our clients.
- Identifying and developing new clients, products, and business models
- Executing our underwriting strategy and actively generating new business
- Cooperating with client management to service and enhance client relationships
- Understanding client and broker needs, and design solutions to address them
- Providing the team technical guidance and leadership
- Taking a lead role in complex and large projects as well as underwriting reviews
- Contributing to ensure opinion leadership (external and internal) and stakeholder management
- Ensuring underwriting and pricing quality whilst increasing process efficiency
- Further developing underwriters’ professional expertise; maintaining and steering the required expertise and the set-up of the underwriting teams
- Assessing and drafting reinsurance contracts in accordance with our underwriting guidelines
- University degree or qualified insurance practitioner with extensive underwriting experience in casualty reinsurance and insurance
- Profound knowledge of casualty treaty business and sound knowledge of primary insurance in motor and the essential lines of casualty – incl. practical hands-on experience in carrying out underwriting reviews
- Proficiency in risk assessment, pricing, and wording of contracts (proportional and non-proportional)
- Experience evaluating, steering, and monitoring MGA business will be a distinct advantage
- Entrepreneurial and strategic attitude with a passion for providing high-quality underwriting services
- Strong client focus and the ability to identify clients’ needs and transform these into viable concepts and profitable business
- Willingness to seek out and employ advanced methods (e. g. in data analytics) to generate business
- Very good negotiating skills and assertiveness, particularly with regard to dealing with brokers
- Creative and solution-focused approach combined with the ability to build valuable relationships
- Reliable with outstanding commitment and willingness to travel frequently
- Team player capable of leading a team and of demonstrating business acumen
- Strong analytical, organizational and interpersonal skill-set
- Ability to communicate transparently and to empower others through effective knowledge sharing
- Enthusiasm and ability to drive business projects, assume responsibility, and provide support, guidance, inspiration, and leadership to the team
- Excellent command of English; other languages spoken in our markets will be beneficial
Munich Re is one of the world’s leading reinsurance companies with more than 11,000 employees at over 50 locations around the globe. We are working on topics today that will concern the whole of society tomorrow, whether that be climate change, major construction projects, gene technology or space travel. We find solutions to these challenges through a network of highly qualified professionals who anticipate risks, work on tailor-made solutions and expertly advise our clients. If you want to help shape the future as part of one of our teams, we look forward to hearing from you. Please click on the link to apply online.
Make it happen.
Daniela Grill • HR Consultant
Königinstraße 107 • 80802 München • GERMANY