Plantronics and Polycom are now Poly, the global communications company that powers authentic human connection and collaboration. Wherever and whenever you communicate or collaborate, we make the experience as genuine as face to face. Bringing the world closer. One to one. One to many. Many to many.
Your role as Senior Channel Account Manager
You will have a key role for the success of our Cloud/Service Providers with responsibility in Germany, Austria ,Switzerland and Eastern Europe.
This role reports into the Area Sales Vice President Service Providers of EMEA. Travelling within the DACH region and Eastern Europe is required (up to 40%). The role can either be based in Munich, Austria or Switzerland.
- Assume Account Management responsibility for a specific customer set of IT Service Providers, focused to UCC and VOIP solutions.
- Develop sales business plans to maximize penetration, wallet share and revenue from the targeted Services Providers
- Execute the sales plan, with emphasis on developing and maintaining strong business relationships at senior levels within the customer set.
- Manage the business with financial targets assigned with the goal to meet or exceed assigned quota.
- Promote and raise the profile of the Plantronics/Polycom solution offerings, developing campaigns and offers to drive incremental growth.
- Retain high level awareness of and commercial relationships with complimentary ecosystem or platform partners. Build and grow Polycom influence in these alliances. These to include, but not limited to, Broadsoft, Centile, Asterisk-base, Ribbon Communications, and Microsoft as pertaining to SfB hosted voice
- Advise direct management team on matters relating to Plantronics/Polycom’s product offerings and where appropriate, recommend incremental customer needs.
- Develop appropriate financial models, pricing, and gross margins for customer proposals in order to win business and meet company goals.
- Develop a comprehensive customer relations strategy and monitor its effectiveness through regular contact with customers
- Be customer centric and ensure support of product testing and certification by the customer is reactive, as well as taking ownership to drive resolution of any issues impacting our sales and the Service Provider satisfaction
- Monitor the market, maintaining an awareness of competitor activity and provide feedback to marketing / management, retaining high level awareness of competitive threats, technologies, pricing actions, new entrants
- Ensure compliance with both local and EU Laws and ensure high levels of ethical conduct are adhered to.
- Responsible for accurate forecasting on a weekly, monthly, and quarterly basis
- Responsible for complete and accurate on-going maintenance of accounts, forecasts, proposals, and account activity in the company customer relationship management (CRM) tool
- Be a team player and show leadership skills working in good alignment with the regional team supporting the activity such as channel managers , technical presales engineer , logistics etc..
- Successful candidate should have proven minimum 5 years experience in IT/Networking Solutions selling , ideally in Unified Communications in particular Voice solutions .
- Extensive experience in hosted or cloud-based voice, and eventually other unified communications technologies sale to Service Providers, ITSP ‘s , ISP’s.
- Demonstrated success in driving relationships which encompass a multi-vendor solution.
- Must be able to demonstrate a track record of successful sales campaigns, effective use of company resources to secure projects, and demonstrate success in attaining/exceeding quotas and growing a customer set.
- Ideally the candidate has a good address book of established key contacts in main services providers in some of DACH / EE Region.
- Demonstrate tactical abilities - Have a proven track record in meeting and exceeding quarterly targets as well as accurately forecasting account and volume activities.
- Account Manager should possess good leadership skills. Ability to manage both internal and external to accomplish all assigned targets.
- Candidate to be based in preferably in Germany.
- Requires approximately 40%-50% travel.
What we offer
We offer all excellent benefits you may expect from a leading global company like a competitive salary, pension scheme, health insurance, gym membership etc. We highly value a good work-life balance and offer flexibility, both in working hours and working from home. Our flexible programs support work and collaboration wherever you are and helps you integrate your work and personal life.
At Poly, our people are our most valuable asset. We’re looking for innovators, original thinkers, and resourceful problem-solvers. We want to hear your ideas, big or small. We encourage your personal and professional development, Whatever your role at Poly, you’ll play a part in shaping the future of communications technology. If that sounds exciting to you, we invite you to join our world-class team!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation or on the basis of disability. Please note that a valid work permit for the EU is required for this role as well as speaking German fluently.
To all recruitment agencies: Poly does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Poly employees or any other company location. Plantronics is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.