At VMware, we are committed to helping our people grow professionally. Our talented employees exemplify our shared values and continue to drive our company to new heights.
If you see a position that might be right for you, we encourage you to apply and continue to be a part of our EPIC2 community.
Senior Commercial Account Executive
The Senior Commercial Account Executive, is the primary driver for enterprise and run-rate transactional business in Germany. The mission of this group is to solidify existing customer accounts and elevate VMware to a more strategic partner in the customer’s business. Our solution set is viewed as a ‘platform’ within an account and changes the role that IT plays within that account from being considered a cost burden to a strategic deployment.
The CAE will be fully responsible for selling the complete VMware solution, products, and services in to dedicated accounts .
This is a unique opportunity to join one of the most dynamic and growing sales organizations anywhere today. VMware’s growth over the past year is unparalleled in enterprise software.
• Drive VMware big-deal, enterprise and transaction sales business in conjunction with VMware’s inside sales force and channel partners
• Solidify existing customer accounts and elevate VMware to a more strategic position within most accounts
• Must be able to sell VMware solution as a ‘platform’ within an account and change the role that IT plays within that account from being considered a cost burden to a strategic deployment
• Manage complex enterprise sales campaigns while managing a diverse set of partners within the same accounts
• Match the VMware solution to the customer’s business needs, challenges, and technical requirements
• Execute solution selling to existing customer base and new prospects
• Provide forecasting and update account/opportunity detail in CRM System
• Minimum 8 years industry background with minimum 5 years of experience in IT infrastructure solution or software sales
• At least 3 years main-focus exposure (at least 50% of revenue generated) to the Enterprise Sector
• Experience in selling infrastructure solutions or software solutions essential
• Expertise in channel and direct sales
• Strong technical acumen
• Ability to maintain high sales activity rates
• Background in exceeding a quota
• Ability to drive revenue growth via channels at aggressive rates
• Adept in managing many opportunities simultaneously
• Ability to articulate and evangelize the vision and positioning of both the company and products, and secure long-term commitments
• Ability to articulate complex technical ideas
• Ability to forecast accurately
• Great relationship skills, tenacity, resilience and inter-personal/presentation skills
• Strong knowledge of consultative sales that gets results
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills including the ability to effectively present to both technical and executive audiences
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
IT/ EDV Hardware & Netzwerke
Projektleitung/ Stabstelle/ Spezialist