Note: This position can be located in Munich, and covers our EEM area (Russia, Eastern Europe, Middle East and Africa)
Do you want to be an important part of the AWS Platform Business Development team contributing to building platform strategies, content, and mechanisms focused on increasing the reach of cloud computing across stakeholders in all industries? Do you have the business background, technical depth, and experience building business development teams, and communication skills needed to help further establish Amazon Web Services as the leader in the ?
AWS is looking for a Senior Platform Business Development Executive for AWS Storage Services who understands how to design and execute GTM programs and identify business trends impacting cloud adoption with customers in emerging markets. This leader will need to be passionate and capable of helping driving market development strategies - leveraging the richness of the AWS cloud computing platform to position and help drive the right technology solutions to enable the ecosystem and the changing needs.
Responsibilities include engaging with key customers and partners, attending and speaking at technology events, and facilitating the process to enable Storage platform solutions across functions within AWS. You will help the AWS account management teams to drive their day-to-day interactions with key prospects while increasing the overall knowledge of AWS value to key industries to internal stakeholders. You will work closely with AWS Solutions Architects and global Solutions Builders to develop and promote cloud patterns and solutions for customers. You will work closely with the AWS product/services teams as well as global platform teams to drive the evolution of AWS offerings within the context of Storage platform needs.
The ideal candidate will have both a business and/or consulting background, with experience working within a technical business development mindset and customer engagement model - enabling them to drive projects and interact at the CxO/VP level within key accounts while also building and developing a team of senior, talented specialists. He/she should have a demonstrated ability to think strategically and analytically about business, product, and technical challenges, with the ability to build and convey compelling value propositions, and work cross-organizationally to build consensus. A keen sense of ownership, drive, and scrappiness is a must.
Role & Responsibilities
· Serve as a key member of the EMEA platform business development team in contributing to the overall AWS market and technical strategy
· Help define the AWS market segments, customer base, and verticals we target.
· Help setting a strategic business development plan for target markets and ensure it is in line with the AWS strategic direction.
· Contributing to execution of the strategic business development plan while working with key internal stakeholders (e.g. business development teams, product service teams, legal, support, etc.).
· Focus on incubating new AWS Storage services, scaling existing AWS services, delivering workload/solution specific domain expertise to vertically organized business development campaigns and developing repeatable, packaged solutions to solve customer challenges.
· Identify specific prospects/partners to approach while discussing potential application of the AWS services for their business and use case.
· Work closely with the AWS account managers and partners to help ensure their customers are successful using AWS web services, making sure they have the technical resources required.
· Understand customer business requirements and translation into the technical requirements, and work closely with the internal development teams to contribute and guide the direction of the product offerings.
· Understand and exploit the use of Amazon internal CRM and Data Warehouse systems.
· Prepare and propose business reviews to the senior management team regarding progress and roadblocks to help growing the business.
· Help develop long-term strategic partnerships in support of AWS key markets.
· Handle a high volume of projects and the fast pace of the cloud computing market.
· Experienced with account management (Enterprise, SMB and start-up) and solution marketing ability
· Strong technical knowledge with ability to go deep enough on technical aspects of Storage technologies as well as driving business conversation that unearth these technical opportunities
· Knowledge of relevant AWS services is a huge plus (Amazon Simple Storage Service, Amazon Glacier, Amazon Elastic Block Store, Amazon Elastic File System, AWS Storage Gateway
· The right person will be technical, analytical, with good knowledge of value selling, and possess several years of business development enterprise sales, or program/product management experience,
· Strong verbal and written communications skills in English is a must (Other major European languages i.e. German, French, Italian, Spanish, etc. is a plus), as well as leadership skills. Demonstrated ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations is key,
· Technical degree required; MBA, Computer Science, and/or Engineering/Math background highly desired; working knowledge of software development practices and data center / infrastructure / networking technologies highly desired.
· Experience working within the technology industry and extensive contact network in both customers and partners highly desired.
IT/ EDV Hardware & Netzwerke
Projektleitung/ Stabstelle/ Spezialist