At Amazon, our businesses continue to grow and expand because of our customer focus, innovative technologies, and world class operations. Driving all of our businesses are talented employees who are strong owners, have the highest standards, and obsess over our customers.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) EMEA is seeking a Sr Manager, Compensation & Benefits who will be responsible for leading the EMEA AWS C&B team, partnering with various stakeholders to develop, lead and achieve compensation objectives aligned to a complex and dynamic business model that supports our growth in the region.
The successful candidate will proactively identify compensation needs on a current and forward-looking basis and partner with client-facing HR Business Partners and Business Line Management to address compensation and related matters across all lines of AWS business.
You are an influencer - working to gain alignment with different constituencies, representing a common point of view across internal customers. You have the opportunity to leverage central practices in working with international compensation teams for an alignment with global and regional strategies, market conditions, business requirements, and support the approval and deployment of harmonized policies.
On the AWS Compensation team, you are surrounded by exceptionally bright talented people who are driven by the shared belief that world class support is critical to the success of both our customers and employees. To support this quickly growing business, you must be highly analytical and possess a strong passion for people, analytics and accountability, and setting high standards. We take working hard, having fun, and making history seriously – you should too!
What you can expect in this role:
* Lead the AWS EMEA Compensation and Benefits team in ownership of the design, development, implementation and measurement of compensation and benefits policies and programs with compliance understanding.
*Partner with global stakeholders within Human Resources, Talent Acquisition, and across AWS business lines on compensation issues, and work on a variety of special compensation projects with regional and global impact.
* Own evangelizing Amazon’s total compensation philosophy and strategy to the clients throughout the EMEA region (30+ countries).
* Focus on providing compensation consultation to AWS business lines, leverage central practices and tools to foster and drive for an alignment with global and regional strategies and business requirements while understanding and advocating for locally relevant market conditions and practices.
The successful candidate should be results oriented and flexible with the ability to manage multiple projects in a demanding, fast-paced environment.
The incumbent of the role will carry the following responsibilities:
· Perform deep analysis on effectiveness and competitiveness of existing compensation programs and model potential impact of alternatives
· Effectively partner with HR colleagues and business clients to manage and consult on compensation and benefits-related issues
· Provide guidance to the business and develop creative solutions on a variety of total compensation issues including the setting of appropriate pay levels, base pay, annual incentive pay and stock compensation
· Perform ad hoc analysis for costing, program effectiveness and trend purposes
· Conduct custom surveys with key industry contacts, as needed.
· Partner with the global compensation and benefit teams on C&B issues, and work on a variety of special compensation and benefits projects as needed
· Participate in benefits projects that include analysis, market benchmarking, implementation and communication
· Create and deliver compensation training to HR and management teams
· Build and develop the EMEA Compensation and Benefits team
· Ensure company compliance with laws governing compensation and benefits practices
· Work to gain alignment with different constituencies and represent a common point of view across multiple stakeholders
· multiple years of relevant experience in compensation or consulting with an in-depth knowledge of core compensation terminology and best practices
· A Bachelor’s degree is required
· Highly proficient in Excel; strong foundation in Excel and working with large databases
· Experience working with higher management levels; advising and consulting on works council issues
· Good understanding of the principles and practices of compensation and benefits systems and legislation in the EMEA region
· Proven people management skills; ability to hire, motivate, and develop talent
- Strong project management skills and ability to manage multiple projects and priorities at once
· Ability to create tools and models to interpret and analyse data
· Strong verbal, written and interpersonal skills for internal presentations that demonstrate business acumen; able to seek out information, clearly communicate information and requests and provide quality advice
· Ability to effectively manage communication and relationships in matrix organization structure; influence all levels of employees within the organization
· Demonstrated mastery and ability to act as a resource particularly regarding rewards management issues (e.g. job evaluation, surveys, job/market pricing, salary range development, etc.).
· MBA highly preferred
· PeopleSoft experience preferred
· Extremely strong analytical and quantitative skills and a track record for planning, leading and auditing work
· Autonomous & Independent: hands-on with high level of energy and professional skills to function effectively and independently in a demanding, fast-paced change-oriented environment
· Highly detailed driven with emphasis on accuracy, coupled with the ability to see the broader picture. Thinks outside the box– beyond the numbers to drive sound decision-making, systematically break down problems or processes into their parts and develop several alternative solutions.
Bereichs-/ Abteilungs-/ Gruppenleitung