Job Requisition ID #
Our Mission is to drive Tech Sales Excellence. Every day is an opportunity to create value for our customers, partners and each other in an innovative world.
While experience in the AEC industry is desirable, if you have a growth mindset, with experience and passion in helping customers improve their business processes in other industries, then we’d love to hear from you too.
A Technical Specialist is responsible for leading all technical aspects of an Autodesk sales campaign, using in-depth industry and software knowledge to uncover, specify and solve our customer´s business challenges on a strategic as well as technical level. Therefore, by helping to identify and develop our customers strategy, he or she is a puzzle piece of their success.
The Technical Specialist works with individuals at all levels with the customer, from C-level executives to draftspersons, in order to understand customer goals, pressures, initiatives and obstacles and propose Autodesk solutions that make our customers successful.
Based in any Autodesk office (Munich preferred) or at home, the position collaborates with customers across Germany, Austria and Switzerland as well as with different internal roles in EMEA and worldwide.
- Perform in-depth assessments of customer processes. Investigates, uncovers and understands the customer’s business issues
- Utilize knowledge of business trends, technology and industry changes to identify areas of opportunity for customer process improvement.
- Work with other internal and external specialists to build and present technical solutions and identify workflows, helping our customer solve their challenges and address their pressures
- Position and sell Autodesk’s unique business values in competitive sales situations against other vendors. Presentations, demonstrations, and discussions may be in-person, web-based, or via other mechanisms
- Help our customer understand their ROI and the cost of doing nothing
- Builds long term relationships with customers in order to keep them up to date and further develop their strategy, but also maintain own industry knowledge
- Support the success of Autodesk resellers by mentoring and training reseller staff on technical sales activities and execution
- Support internal sales and team learning through creation of technical sales assets
- Supports local efforts in events, marketing campaigns, localization and sales development
- Influence product development and product direction through customer feedback and identified business opportunities
- Utilises social media to build industry profile and drive awareness of Autodesk.
- By applying a growth mindset, commits to ongoing personal development and team development
- University graduate and experience in the AEC industry, preferred in Civil Engineering, Infrastructure or Construction.
- Experience of technical sales desirable however we are offering all options to develop critical skills.
- Understanding of BIM implementation, digitization and strategic planning, e.g. gained in a role as BIM manager, Digitization Lead or similar.
- Enthusiasm and passion for technology and innovation.
- Knowledge and understanding industry specific processes and resulting challenges, You speak the “language of the industry”.
- Experience in building and implementation of BIM Execution Plans is helpful
- Curiosity and excellent listening and communication skills.
- Excellent facilitation and presentation skills also in front of large audiences.
- Is an efficient team player, collaborating also virtual with other colleagues in other locations.
- High engagement, personal responsibility, motivation and inspiration and quickly adaption of change, able to learn and apply processes and techniques quickly.
- Knowledge of industry relevant Autodesk Solutions or established competitive solutions.
- Willing to travel up to 80% in DACH, EMEA and worldwide.
- Language skills: Very good in German and at least good in English (speech and writing)
At Autodesk, we’re building a diverse workplace and an inclusive culture to give more people the chance to imagine, design, and make a better world. Autodesk is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic. We also consider for employment all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.