Vice President Human Resources Consumer Goods (m/f/d)
Do you have a customer-oriented mindset, a can-do attitude and passion for human resources management? Do you want to excel in a leading and fast pace consumers goods business environment as Vice President Human Resources in a world’s leading hygiene and health company? Then we encourage you to keep reading!
About the Role
At Essity, our Consumer Goods (CG) business unit leads our market positions in EMEA within categories like consumer tissue (toilet paper, household towels, hankies and facials), baby diapers and feminine hygiene. We have 20 different product brands and we are also responsible for the sale of retail brands for major retailers across Europe, MEA and North America. We add value to our customers and consumers by providing category expertise, improving category performance, driving innovation for growth and optimizing the value chain. Our Sales & Marketing organization is operating predominantly from our European offices.
We are looking for our new Vice President Human Resources Consumer Goods – who will develop, in line with our Essity HR strategy, the HR strategy in Consumer Goods leading and supporting the global HR processes and supports the business unit specific transformational change, development and business initiatives.
This position reports to the President Consumer Goods and will manage a team of 3 resources. This position is based in in Munich (Ismaning - Germany).
We’re looking for people who embody our values, aren’t afraid to challenge, innovate, experiment, and move at a fast pace. We’re always looking for ways to improve our products and ourselves. If this is you, we’d love to talk.
What You Will Do
The Vice President Human Resources has overall responsibility for the human resources function in one of Essity’s business units. In particular:
- Ensures professional HR support to line managers by embedding corporate HR strategy and providing HR guidance.
- Sets and implements the business unit’s HR strategy based on the overall Essity HR strategy and business unit’s needs.
- Ensures that HR operations are in line with local law and business requirements as well as Essity policies e.g. C&B, recruitment, training development etc.
- Contributes to the overall global HR strategy.
- Translates business strategy into organization development & capability development and implementing it.
- Applies strategic workforce planning, securing the attraction and retention of talent to meet the business unit´s current and future needs.
- Secures the right level of information flow in any industrial relations.
- Leads and managing the HR function within the business unit.
- Contributes to the development of the overall business unit strategic plan.
Who You Are
- You are a passionate and proactive individual with University degree or equivalent education and experience.
- You have at least 12 years of HR generalist or related experience in FMCG /ecommerce industry, ideally as a senior HR executive for a multi-functional, multi-line-of-business organization with experience in leading and developing staff professionals;
- You have extensive practical experience and results in: successfully developing and leading a culture change program; Diversity & Inclusion; Leadership development; transformational organizational design and capabilities development; core HR processes; leading in a matrix business environment including external partners
- You have strong international experience and demonstrated success in developing cutting edge global strategy and driving human resources management and processes improvements in a global workplace. Work experience outside of country of origin is a plus.
- You have relevant experience driving complex organizational design, talent and change strategies to effectively align the organization and talent to deliver on new business objectives proactively and pragmatically translating changing business objectives to effective HR strategies by setting a compelling picture of the vision and strategy that motivates others to action. You create a climate where people are motivated to do their best and are able to rebound from setbacks when facing difficult situations.
- You build partnerships and collaborates openly, working closely with Country HR and HR Centre of excellence to enable business results and comfortably with diverse groups of people, while recognizing the value that different perspectives and cultures bring to Essity with demonstrated ability to proactively embrace and drive positive and transformational change;
- You develop people, teams, and self by actively seeking new ways to grow. Attracts and selects the best talent to meet both current and future business needs and people’s personal career goals.
- You possess exceptional relationship management skills and demonstrated experience in developing consultative relationships with top executive leaders, including the ability to influence and challenge decision makers to think strategically and critically;
- You have the ability to understand business drivers and connect HR programs to create business values delivering results in a complex environment, synthesize complex business/financial data and develop innovative and holistic HR solutions, drive digital forward initiatives and manage HR implications;
- You are a role model in excellent judgment and demonstrates the courage to take smart risks that improve business performance;
- Ability to work in a matrix organization collaborating closely with Country HR and HR centers of excellence to enable business results.
- Knowledge of employment labor law and managing industrial unions relationships is plus;
- English is mandatory, additional languages are an advantage
- Excellent verbal, written communication skills
- Ability for regular travel
What We Can Offer You
At Essity, we believe every career is as unique as the individual and empower employees to reach their full potential in a winning culture motivated by a powerful purpose.
Collaborative and Caring Culture | Empowerment & Engaged People | Work with Impact and A Powerful Purpose | Individual Learning & Career Growth | Health & Safety Priority | Sustainable Value Together| Innovation| Sustainable Working Life | Total Reward
More About the Location
Ismaning - close to Munich.
Together, we are improving lives, every day.
Working at Essity is not just a career; it is a chance to directly make the world a healthier, more hygienic and safer place. With impactful innovations coupled with sustainable solutions, we strive to reach more people every year with the necessary and essential solutions for well-being.
Application End Date:
30 Nov. 2020 Full time