At Wooga, we make games with thoughtful, compelling stories at their core.
Our mission is to create joyful experiences that awaken our players’ desire to see what happens next. We want to provide a place for them to become part of exciting worlds and touch their hearts with our stories, in which their actions drive the stories forward. We’re based in the heart of Berlin, where over 200 employees from around the world work together to create high quality story-driven casual games.
As a VP of Finance, Legal and Facilities, you will be leading a team of passionate, dedicated individuals, guiding key financial decisions and contributing to the Company’s strategy and future initiatives.
You will be an integral part of the Senior Management Team, composed of seven senior managers, and reporting directly to the CEO. You will be responsible for the day to day management of the finance, legal and facilities departments.
About the role
- You will be overseeing all Wooga’s Finance operations, including company-wide budgetary planning, Monthly, Quarterly and Annual Group Reporting to our Parent Company,
- You will be updating and implementing financial policies and procedures. All the while ensuring timely and accurate submission of financial information conforming to statutory regulations and legislation.
- You will provide other senior managers with interpretation and analysis of complex financial information, as well as developing models to assist the management team with investment decisions in new and existing products.
- You will provide leadership, direction and, develop performance measures that support the Company’s strategic direction
- You will build and maintain strong relationships with key members of the Parent Company’s management, as well as service providers and contractors, including banking institutions, external counsel and auditors.
- You will be responsible for leading, mentoring and developing a team of senior professionals across Finance, Legal and Facility Management teams.
- Understand and mitigate key elements of the Company’s financial, legal and compliance risk profile
- You have several years of experience in leading and building successful Finance teams, delivering a finance centre of excellence, preferably in an international, digital company.
- You are a hands-on leader, always ready to jump into the daily work, wherever needed, while maintaining a positive attitude that inspires your team to face the day-to-day challenges
- You are detail savvy, who understands data privacy standards, and is capable of translating raw data into a clear and concise presentation, even in layman’s terms.
- You are a team player, trusted advisor, and a friendly face to have around.
- You are a clear communicator in English (German is a “nice to have”)
- You know your way around the gaming industry or are hungry to learn about it ;)
- Shape the future! Challenge the status quo and team up with a diverse group of experts working on crafting the world’s best games!
- Excite millions of players around the world every day through our games!
- Work just minutes from the centre of Europe’s most vibrant city, Socialize in our hang-out spaces and enjoy many fun events and parties!
- Relocation support which matches your needs to make you and your loved one’s move to Berlin smooth! Did we mention that we also cooperate with Kindergartens?
- Make use of a significant education budget and extra days off for self-development. Join our meetups, talks, brown bag lunches, world cafe’s, internal training, workshops, and many others!
- Did you know that German is the third most commonly taught language worldwide? Learn it too! We offer German language classes for you and your significant other!
- Choose your own office equipment and be set up for success! We got your back!
- As much coffee, drinks, cereals and fruits as you can handle!
- Cool Wooga swag! ;)
At Wooga we are committed to providing a friendly, safe and welcoming environment for everyone who works here or with us, regardless of gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, age, religion (or lack thereof) and game preferences.