Seattle Genetics is an emerging global multi-product biotechnology company that develops and commercializes innovative therapies for the treatment of cancer. The company’s industry-leading antibody-drug conjugate (ADC) technology harnesses the targeting ability of antibodies to deliver cell-killing agents directly to cancer cells. In addition to two marketed products, we are advancing a strong product pipeline of novel therapies for solid tumors and blood related cancers designed to address significant unmet medical needs and improve treatment outcomes for patients. More information about Seattle Genetics can be found at
Seattle Genetics is preparing to launch tucatinib, a highly selective tyrosine kinase inhibitor (TKI), for HER2+ metastatic breast cancer patients in Europe.
The Director, Sales DACH (Germany, Switzerland, Austria) is a key member of the Sales Leadership Team Europe accountable for sales performance in the DACH region, as well as building, developing and maintaining a high performing team that consistently delivers results. The incumbent will be expected to effectively collaborate with other members of the Sales Leadership Team and leaders across the company to effectively execute regional sales tactics and meet performance objectives.
The Director, Sales DACH will report to the General Manager DACH and is expected to be an exceptional sales leader with proven experience in oncology and in the DACH region.
- Work with the General Manager DACH to establish sales and profit goals for Germany, Austria and Switzerland based on sales plan
- Ensure all goals for the region are met or exceeded; perform quarterly business reviews and provide leadership and strategic direction to the Sales Team in order to achieve performance objectives
- Participate in development and implementation of national and regional sales strategy and tactics
- Establish business objectives, assess performance, and address skill development for the Sales Team to ensure appropriate portfolio management and effective sales leadership at all levels
- Ensure regional resources are appropriately allocated in order to meet goals and targets
- Develop regional operating budget and ensure fiscal targets are met
- Encourage ownership, accountability, initiative, and engagement within the entire regional team by regularly communicating Seattle Genetics’ vision, business objectives, performance outcomes, compliance standards, and future action steps to realize those outcomes
- Develop and continue to improve all levels of regional sales team through mentoring, coaching, and continuous feedback
- Identify and validate regional market opportunities and needs, and assist with developing plans to launch and refine new product and service offerings
- Collaborate and partner with peers and partners across Commercial (especially with the Director Marketing DACH) and the broader organization to execute key initiatives that align with product strategy, including those involving prominent accounts, networks & organizations within the DACH region
- Responsible for recruiting and full launch readiness of the sales organization
- Review and analyze regional performance metrics to identify trends and opportunities to improve performance; implement corrective measures as needed
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent; MBA, or other related graduate-level degree preferred
- 10+ years of relevant sales and/or marketing experience in biotech, pharmaceutical sales or healthcare with a proven record of high performance and consistent results; must have at least 5 years of experience building and leading exceptional sales teams.
- Track record of field force management and leadership skills
- Proven ability to create and lead a country selling organisation capable for achieving the country sales forecast
- Demonstrated oncology sales expertise, including thorough understanding of customer segments and regional market dynamics within relevant therapeutic area(s). Strong knowledge of hospitals including account networks and office-based market is mandatory.
- Demonstrated ability to work resourcefully and with a sleeves-rolled-up approach
- Exceptional leadership and people management competencies, including strategic thinking, building and optimizing teams, recruiting great people, as well as developing, coaching and mentoring colleagues and direct reports
- Excellence in additional professional competencies including collaborative and cross functional problem solving and communications, innovative thinking, sense of urgency, and a passion for the science of oncology and for helping patients with cancer
- Demonstrated ability to provide strategic functional leadership as a member of a cross-functional executive team, collaborative effectively under pressure and drive results in challenging or complex market environments
- Effective executive level presentation and influencing skills up, down and across the organization
- Comfortable with high amount of travel (at least 70%)
- Fluent in spoken English including sound presentation skills in English
- experience in breast cancer and with respective networks
- having lead a successful launch
As a leading employer in our industry, Seattle Genetics is proud to offer a competitive total compensation package as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the whole lives of our employees and their families. To learn more about Seattle Genetics, please visit.
Seattle Genetics is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment.