AI Academy Instructional Designer ( Apply here )At appliedAI, we tackle the largest AI challenges by applying the latest methods in artificial intelligence to real use cases. appliedAI is already the largest AI initiative in Europe and we are aiming to lift all of Germany to the AI age. Our Engineering Team is supported and works closely with our partner tech companies (e.g. Google, NVIDIA, Intel, Dell, Cisco and many others) across the stack on challenging problems. appliedAI is part of the UnternehmerTUM ecosystem. UnternehmerTUM is one of the largest innovation centers in Europe and non profit. As a neutral platform for entrepreneurship and innovation, more than 200 employees serve more than 2500 individuals, >100 startups, and >100 companies per year.
Position OverviewWe are looking for an instructional designer to help transform the AI strategy of our partner companies Our Academy program targets companies in all of Germany and is using different channels and methods ( offline, 1 on 1 blended, flipped) to deliver highly valuable and original content to our partners
We support our partner companies with a full and cohesive curriculum targeting multiple roles ( managers, all employees, train the trainer) Together with members of our engineering and strategy teams, you will support the building and continuous improvement of our training content, as well as frameworks for the aai Academy teaching model
You will work as part of the Academy team with all parts of appliedAI to make our mission "lifting Germany to the AI age" possible
Candidates should have experience in developing educational content for delivery both online and offline, with state of the art methodologies and instructional technologies It would be advantageous to have a good Machine Learning and AI
Successful candidates will
- Engage with subject matter experts from Engineering and Strategy, as well as from our partner companies, to develop high quality educational content
- Engage with appliedAI's partner companies to analyze and understand their requirements holistically
- Bring your instructional design expertise into the AI Academy domain
- Support the scaling of appliedAIs training and educational program to all of Germany and beyond
- Support and improve the education and training program we run at the moment
- MS in Instructional Design and experience in designing curriculum for B2B training programs
- 2-5 years experience in Instructional Design
- Proven track record of developing successful educational content
- Proven track record of working with subject matter experts to develop specialized content
- Experience with learning management systems
- Skilled in authoring and development tools, e.g. Articulate, Camtasia, etc.
- Experience with unusual teaching/workshop formats such as hackathons
- Good analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent communication skills
- Team player with a willingness to learn new things.
- Strong PowerPoint, Excel and Word skills
- Fluent English and conversational German
It would be advantageous to have
- Background in Computer Science
- Understanding of the domain of Machine Learning
- Experience and interest in conducting trainings
- Ability to independently manage critical situations and handle customers.
- Experience with programming languages and software development
What we offerA highly qualified and motivated team of 30 people is on a journey to change the European AI Landscape that is growing quickly 20 of us have a strong engineering or computer science background, 10 have a consulting background, mostly McKinsey
- Opportunity to work on a variety of projects and developing new, original content based on the latest developments in AI and its adoption in businesses
- Want to learn about robotics, autonomous drones or smart factories? All of this is happening at appliedAI
- You will have access to the newest technologies in the AI domain, budget to drive the education program and peers to develop with
- An atmosphere that encourages to think and experiment in new ways with software, hardware, and processes
- Hottest topics of the next decade and freedom and trust to initiate own activities
- A highly visible initiative that helps you build a large and high level network of start ups, partners, and tech companies
- Budget to visit important conferences, read up on papers and develop your skills with the team potentially showcasing results at e.g. GTC
- Internal seminar in machine learning and computer science
- Hackathons organized by UTUM
- Pick your own hardware
Some of the technologie we work with: